participating member of the organization agrees that all products
shipped and all shipments made will be in accordance with the following:
- All products shall have been produced or purchased to meet the requirements of all the applicable specifications.
- There shall be no deceptive product alteration or substitution after the receipt from the original manufacturer.
- It is agreed that traceability documents shall be
retained in the distributor’s place of business for a minimum of five
- Copies of the original purchase order to the manufacturer/supplier
- Copies of the manufacturer’s/supplier’s "shippers”
- Evidence of the lot number or batch number if supplied
- Copies of the lot or batch certifications if supplied
- Copies of any test reports or documents certifying specifications conformance that have been received from the manufacturer
- Ethical selling practices shall be followed:
- Products sold and delivered shall be quoted or as advertised. Terms and conditions of sales shall be provided to the customer.
- Freight On Board – F.O.B. provisions as determined by each distributor shall be stated on the face of the sales copies.
- Each member shall be familiar with and abide by the laws
of the United States which include: anti-trust, fair trade practices
law, marking and transporting of goods laws, country of origin laws and
state and federal taxation laws.
- Each member shall have the proven financial ability or insurance to protect itself in the case of product failure.
- Any member may be suspended or expelled who:
- Has been shown to abridge any of the above principles.
- Has misrepresented products or services being offered.
- Has misused or misrepresented its membership in the National
Fastener Distributors Association in a fraudulent or illegal manner.
- Uses unethical business practices in the conduct of its
business. Only ethical practices will be acceptable with customers,
competitors, or manufacturers of goods being sold.
- Only members in good standing will be shown on the qualified member
roster of National Fastener Distributors Association. Any member who has
been suspended or expelled shall immediately cease to represent itself
as a qualified member of NFDA upon receipt of a register notice.
- Suspension or expulsion of a member shall be taken pursuant to the provisions of the By-Laws, Article IX, Section 3.